Day Break Adult Day Care (7)
Families are encouraged to call 346-2234 to set up a visit and an enrollment meeting.
Individuals who are in need of the following are eligible:
- Assistance and supervision due to physical, emotional or cognitive impairments, such as those who require:
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Health monitoring and supervision on a regular basis
- Assistance overcoming difficulties associated with functional limitation or disabilities
- Support making transitions between living situations
- Support while receiving other therapeutic interventions, and/or
- Without program intervention, are at risk of physical deterioration or institutionalization.
- Persons 60 years of age or older; or
- Persons of any age who have Alzheimer’s Disease or a Related Disorder; or
- Other persons determined appropriate for the provision of services based on other criteria set by Day Break
Who is not eligible for services?
- Medical conditions that are beyond the professional expertise of the staff
- Bedfast or too weak to attend on a regular basis
- Continually requiring a two person or more assist with transfers
- Actively infected with a communicable disease
- Emotional or behavioral disorders that include a pattern of disruptive behaviors that pose a danger to others
- Abusive use of alcohol and/or drugs
- Too independent to benefit from adult day activities
Private Pay: The State of Alaska, Division of Senior and Disability Services provides Day Break a grant for Adult Day Services. This grant enables Day Break to offer Adult Day Services to members who live at home and are paying for services privately a discounted rate through a sliding fee scale. This payment for services is based on income. The rate is established with the ACMHS Financial Intake Specialist, according to the ACMHS Board approved sliding fee scale.
Medicaid CHOICE Waiver: We also receive reimbursement for Adult Day Services for individuals approved for and who are eligible through the Medicaid CHOICE Waiver (MCW) program.
VA: We have a contract through the Veteran’s Administration (VA) to serve Veteran’s who have been approved and referred by the VA. This is coordinated through the VA Social Worker.